Wednesday, April 8, 2009

some things i'm noticing ...

it's snowing. admittedly not a lot, but there they are,
cheeky white flakes engaging in a flurry outside my window.
feels strange after the warm tease mother nature has given us recently.
you never know what that foxy lady will be up to next in these here parts ...

my eleven day old son is out on his first trip to town with mum and auntie.
i know he's a very brave little fella but that doesn't make it any easier for dad.
i finished a song for asa last night. feels good to sing it.
i may have to quicktime it soon and send to drew in PA
so we can play it at brittinghams. and that's the other thing ...

drew and i just confirmed a double bill show with 7 nations.
the first time we'll be sharing a stage not at a festival with the lads.
having first crossed paths in 1995 at a nashville college showcase,
we've found ourselves playing many of the same festivals.
long we've talked with kirk of doing a show together
but it has never worked out. until now it seems.
brittinghams is an irish watering hole both bands have played often
and i am particularly excited for this meeting,
having not heard kirk and the fellas play in a long while.
drew and i will be unveiling a whole new sound following on the heels of drew and dalbo's groundbreaking shows at the sonora celtic festival last month. BROTHER re imagined. with a hint of nations perhaps.
and this will be my first time performing as a father,
already the source of much inspiration.
it will definitely be a large celebration of a night for me ...

so there they are. the things on my mind.
or those things i can actually interpret.
and now i will continue to smell the gluten free bread baking,
strum my guitar
and await the return of my son.
my sun.

angus

2 comments:

  1. The blogs became about you when you became the soul brother left in BROTHER. Now they're about you and your new little family. I told Lychen shortly after you married that I'dr never seen you happier. I'd say that's no longer true.If the pictures are any indication I've never seen you happier or more peaceful. Lychen, I think Gus will agree has never looked more lovely or happier. I love the picture of her touching your cheek as you're looking down at mother and son. May your love for each other and your son continue to grow. See you in May.
    Love,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything changes when you become a parent. I'm excited for when I can bring Connor to his first concert that doesn't involve muppets :)

    ReplyDelete